Wednesday 24 March 2010

The candles- Here or gone

So, this band is new to me. It's not really my sort of music but, thanks to regular updates from "One Track Mind" I've been listening to a lot of bands I wouldn't normally listen to. And, a couple of them I've liked.

The Candles, I like. At least, so far.

"Here or gone" begins with thumping drums and a repetitive guitar riff before the vocals are played over it. After a while we get some real rhythm and that gives the song an upbeat kick that just makes you smile and enjoy the sound.

The chorus is pretty nice with some sharp guitar and plenty of percussion. There's a slight solo in the song, after the second chorus but it's nothing special.

The lyrics are nothing special, either. If it wasn't for the sounds, I'd swear it was just another pop song.

I urge you to give it a listen. It'll at least brighten up your day.

http://www.myspace.com/thecandlesband

No comments:

Post a Comment